Agri Mechanics - 2020
Stephanie Thomas, Chairman
Committee: Caroline Blackard
Thursday, October 1, 2020
Location: Titus County Fair Livestock Pavilion
Titus County Agriculture Mechanic Contest Rules
1. Eligible participants for Market Division include 4-H or FFA members who attend school in and reside in Titus County. Eligible participants for Open Division include 4-H or FFA members who attend school in Titus, Morris, Camp, Franklin or Red River Counties.
2. Students may enter as individuals, partners (two or more students), or as part of a chapter entry. However, students cannot be part of both an individual AND partner or chapter entry. Chapter entries will not specify names of students who constructed the project and will not be eligible for the sale. Only individual and partner entries will be eligible for the sale. Chapter entries will count toward Chapter Sweepstakes Awards.
3. There will be no limit on chapter or club projects in the open division. Individuals and/or partnerships will be limited to one entry in the market show. An entry fee of $25.00 will be charged for each project in the show and is due by Friday, September 11, 2020.
4. Projects that require gate to be open on Crooks Drive must be in place by 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 30, 2020; gate will be open at 8: a.m. All other projects must be in place by 3:00 p.m. Wednesday, September 30, 2020 also. Projects will be judged at 4:00 p.m. Thursday, October 1, 2020. Sale of Ag Mechanics top two (2) market projects in each of the five (5) classes will be in conjunction with the livestock auction. The next 10 will be sold by silent auction between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. on Saturday, October 3, 2020. Exhibitors must be present during silent auction.
5. Open Division projects and Market Division projects that require opening other gates to release and that do not make the sale may be removed Friday morning between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.; after that, projects must stay until 11:30 p.m. Saturday, October 3, 2020. All other Ag Mechanics projects may be removed after completion of auction Saturday, October 3, 2020 or on Sunday anytime.
6. Exhibitors must be present during judging and available to answer questions from the judge about the construction and/or function of the project. Exhibitors not present at the time of judging will be disqualified.
7. Exhibitors that will be make the sale or silent auction must have pictures taken by Fair Photographer with project to be eligible to sale. Photographer will be on hand to take pictures as winners are announced.
8. Judging of projects will be based on:
a. Workmanship (30 pts)
b. Design & Materials Used (20 pts)
c. Practicality (20 pts)
d. Degree of Difficulty (10 pts)
e. General Appearance & Finish (10 pts)
f. Presentation & Knowledge of the Project (10 pts)
Total = 100 points
9. The Ag Mechanics Show will consist of two divisions:
a. Market Division - There will be 5 classes in the market division. The top two entries in
each class will be sold. (Total of ten projects will be sold in auction, next 10 (by score) will be
eligible for silent auction.
I. Outdoor Furniture (picnic tables, lawn chairs, patio planters, etc.)
II. Indoor Furniture/Crafts (lamps, desks, tables, etc.)
III. Farm Equipment (fencing equipment, tractor equipment, etc.)
IV. Trailers (bumper pull, gooseneck, and anything with axle)
V. Recreational Equipment (smokers, deer stands, deer feeders, etc.)
b. Open Division - There will be 3 classes. Entries in this division will not be sold.
10. There will be a Champion and Reserve Champion Project for each of the market and open divisions. Projects in different divisions will not compete against each other.
11. All general Titus County Rules must be followed as outlined in the fair catalog.
12. Prefabricated or Kit Projects will not be permitted.
13. Titus County Fair will not be responsible for projects in case of loss or damage.
14. Exhibitors must be present during the sale to take projects into the sale arena.
15. Any deviation from these rules will require action from the Livestock Show Executive Board.
16. Students are required to get with buyers to arrange for delivery of projects.
17. Any participant that qualifies for the sale will be required to have a photo done by the official fair livestock photographer following the placing of the sale order.
18. All exhibitors must deliver their photo from the livestock show to their buyer within 30 days of the photos being made available. Exhibitors are required to obtain a signed acknowledgement that the buyer has received their photo. The exhibitors must bring the signed acknowledgement to pick up their check no later than December 20th. Checks not picked up by December 20, 2020, will be forfeited with their proceeds being distributed to the other livestock exhibitors that were in the sale as an additional add on.
19. Exhibitor must follow the Titus County Fair Junior Market Show general rules.
20. Rules and times listed here in this book are final over any listed elsewhere.
Additional Information: Stephanie Thomas (903) 563-4328
|Victor Alvarado||Land Plane||1||Rivercrest FFA||Farm Equipment|
|Ryleigh Stegall||ATV Disk||2||CH FFA||Farm Equipment|
|Blake Porter||Hay Spike||3||MP FFA||Farm Equipment|
|Nathan Hill||16' Entrance Gate||4||Rivercrest FFA||Farm Equipment|
|Jacob Eudy||Goat Feeder||5||Rivercrest FFA||Farm Equipment|
|Harley Stegall||Chicken Nesting Boxes||6||CH FFA||Farm Equipment|
|Riley Russell||Tractor Safety Lift||7||Rivercrest FFA||Farm Equipment|
|Keeley Henry &
|Bed||1||Ch FFA||Indoor Furniture
|Madison Wells||Wood Coat Rack||2||Rivercrest FFA||Indoor Furniture
|Dining Table||3||CF FFA||Indoor Furniture
|Noah O'Dell||Table||4||CH FFA||Indoor Furniture
|Mark Gable||Wooden Cross||5||Rivercrest FFA||Indoor Furniture
|Christian Ingram||Porch Swing||1||MP FFA||Outdoor Furniture||Grand
|Outdoor Cooler||2||CH FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Caleb Walton||Bench||3||Rivercrest FFA||Outdoot Furniture|
|Zoe Carlisle||Pallet Feed Box or
|4||CH FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Drew Hughes||Swing||5||CH Jr FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Shelby Young||Picnic Tables
|6||MP FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Max Daniel||Picnic Table||7||CH Jr FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Triston Blackwell||Picnic Table||8||Rivercrest FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Bench||9||CH DDA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Cooler||10||MP FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|11||Rivercrest FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Reed Stickels||Yard Art||12||MP FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Rylee French||Shadow Box||13||CH Jr FFA||Outdoor Furniture|
|Hog Trap||1||CH FFA||Recreational
|Pig Trap||2||MP FFA||Recreational
|Kamron Kelley||Hexagon Barbeque Pit||3||Rivercrest FFA||Recreational
|Fire Pit||4||CH FFA||Recreational
|Jared Anderson||Receiver Hitch
|Jesus Hernandez||Deer Feeder||6||CH FFA||Recreational
|Deer Feeder||7||MP FFA||Recreational
|Single Hay Wagon||8||CH FFA||Trailer||Reserve
|Nick Morton||6 x 10 Trailer||9||CH FFA||Trailer|
Agri-Mechanics Open Division Winners
|Samanthan McCracken||Cattle Guard||1||CH FFA||Non-Trailer||Reserve
|Bed Frame||2||CH FFA||Non-Trailer||Female Showmanship
|Jesse Thompson||1964 Farmall 140
|3||CH FFA||Tractor||Grand Champion|
|Bruce Pena||5 Bail Hay Trailer||4||MP FFA||Trailer|
|Collen Bradford||Hay Mover Caddy||5||CH FFA||Trailer|